NetTel’s experienced staff of professionally trained and certified technicians can provide any organization with communications technology most appropriate to businesses. From the structured cabling behind walls to the video conferencing, presentation systems, audio/video equipment that connects to it, NetTel makes sure institutions and businesses have a faster, more productive environment to give a competitive edge for success.
The purpose of this position is to install, test, and terminate Cat5, Cat6, Fiber, CATV and other security cabling.
Skills, Knowledge, Education
- Responsible for running new cabling in new or existing buildings
- Termination and testing of new cabling
- Responsible for testing and troubleshooting of new or existing cable
- Responsible for the layout and setup of new telecommunications racks and frames
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Document time and details properly
- Use various hand and power tools for installation purposes
- Excellent ability to communicate with clients and coworkers alike; positive communication creates an encouraging and supportive atmosphere.
- Keep company vehicle clean, organized, and presentable at all times as defined in the Company Vehicle Guidelines.
- Must adhere to the NetTel professional dress code as discussed in the employee handbook
- Must be able to travel, as needed.
- Must be familiar with various types of systems.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Multitasking and detail oriented skills are imperative.
- Must be capable of handling challenging and stressful situations without decreasing productivity.
- High School Graduate or GED is required. Technical or college degree in related field preferred.
- One year related and/or construction experience preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will be required to carry and climb ladders, carry and pull spools of wire and hang equipment on walls using hand and power tools. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply in person at 3610 Mall Drive, Eau Claire WI 54701 or call at 715-835-8082.