The Cloud Services Manager is a senior level engineering and consulting position providing expertise, oversight and leadership of the Citon’s cloud products and services. The CSM will demonstrate leadership by influencing and driving the research, analysis and selection of new products and services in Citon’s cloud services portfolio, oversee the management and performance of Citon’s data center services,
The CSM will work closely with the Director of Operations (DOO), Director of Business Development (DBD), and CEO to understand the needs of Citon’s current and potential customer cloud needs. A combination of pre-sales work with the sales team, and post sales work both as an escalation point for the engineering team, and as a billable engineer on cloud projects, will enable the CSM to remain current with customer needs. The CSM role requires significant collaboration with manufactures, vendors, and other strategic business partners to gain understanding of emerging technologies, with a specific focus on Citon’s cloud services.
The CSM will be responsible for the oversight of all Citon monthly recurring services tied its cloud offering – including the services architecture and standards. The CSM will be responsible for the planning, design and oversight of the Citon data center, as well as capacity and lifecycle planning, implementation and management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and the oversight of the data center team.
This position requires a self-starter expert with the ability to work at the front end of information technology development, but just as importantly a demonstrated ability to drive and implement projects towards commercial realization through strong collaborative interaction with diverse teams.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of cloud trends and developments and evaluate how they fit into Citon’s cloud portfolio. Monitor outcomes of research work, seeking to identify where technology might be deployed in order to deliver business improvements and competitive advantage.
- Oversee the patch management schedule for all data center equipment and ensure all devices are secured and patched in accordance with Citon best practices.
- Coordinate with any carriers that request access to the building, and manage both carrier relationships, and cross connects within the facility.
- Coordinate and management maintenance of data center systems, including fire suppression, air conditioning, and generator. Coordinate documentation of routine maintenance and testing procedures.
- Work with Engineering Manager on the selection of engineers for proof-of-concept design and testing. Oversee definition of initial approach, scope, timeline and desired outcomes within the cloud services portfolio.
- Attend and present at sales team meetings as needed to help launch new cloud based products or services.
- Serve as primary pre-sales engineer for all cloud based services; both in pre-sales design, pricing, and helping present solutions to customers in conjunction with the sales reps when applicable.
- Attend quarterly business reviews with data center customers, along with the primary sales rep, to gain understanding of customer’s experience and satisfaction with their Citon cloud services. Drive resolution to any issues uncovered.
- Regular training of technical teams on technical aspects of new cloud products and services, understanding of the business case behind these solutions, and methodology for determining the right target customer for each solution.
- Act as senior escalation point for engineering team on cloud services, both Citon’s data center and resold cloud services, to provide guidance, assist with troubleshooting and problem solving, and communicate with customers as escalation point when needed. Manage tickets escalated related to Citon’s cloud services.
- Oversee a business continuity team that will create, plan, and manage business continuity plans for Citon’s internal and cloud based services, including testing and documentation.
- Work with Engineering Manager and others to set technical standards and guidelines for design and implementation of cloud based solutions.
- Regular creation of articles and other internal and external communication regarding cloud services for use in Citon’s blog, website, social media, marketing materials and direct customer communications.
- Billable engineering work on cloud projects will be performed under the guidance of the Senior Network Engineer job description. Time tracking for non-billable work can be categorized by subject area to be setup with DOO.
Other Miscellaneous duties as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with customers.
- Attention to detail is imperative. Must be able to sort through data to determine appropriate conclusions, and ensure that every step of a task is completed.
- Must be able to follow direction and ask questions where specific steps have not been given. However, ability to grow and become more self-reliant is important.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to balance quantity of work with quality of work is important.
- Reliability in completion of tasks is imperative.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must adhere to Citon professional dress code
- All engineering and senior staff are required to carry a cell phone at all times (reimbursed expense)
- Must show a willingness to take on new tasks and learn new skills
- Must show a willingness to assist other engineers
- Ability to follow though until issues are confirmed resolved is imperative
- Ability to provide thorough and timely documentation is essential
- Ability to work in a virtual team, which may work across distance, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines, and may extend outside of Citon to partners and customers.
- Must understand server, security, wireless, network infrastructure, etc systems and topologies that Citon sells and services.
- General knowledge of the Networking Service industry and products.
- Knowledge and experience with a minimum of 2 industry standard operating systems.
- Knowledge and use of VMWare is required.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Server Operating Systems is required.
- Knowledge and use of Citrix products is a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in IT related fields, research and/or consulting experience is required.
- A history of demonstrated success leading the integration and use of technology and/or strategy throughout a company, analyzing technology trends, and implementing solutions.
- Knowledge of programming languages a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent field preferred, Master’s Degree a plus.
- Should possess at least one pertinent vendor certification.
- Continued vendor training and certification is required.
To apply: Please send resume, cover letter, and desired salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org