Reports To: NOC Supervisor
Hours: Monday – Friday: 7-4 or 9-6
Job Status: Full Time, Salary
Occasional After Hours Required, On-Call Engineer Rotation
A Helpdesk Engineer is a first level support position dedicated to the quick response, diagnosis and resolution of customer issues. This position will utilize a variety of tools and resources to address trouble tickets related to hardware, software and internet-based issues. Engineer must have the ability to handle difficult situations, at the same time meeting the communication needs of customers and co-workers with courtesy and efficiency.
Daily documentation and reporting of labor time, customer information, and services provided are a daily requirement and crucial to the services provided by Citon. All communication, scheduling, and follow-up with customers is coordinated through Citon’s Service Manager.
The Engineer will also perform duties, as needed, on Citon’s internal network, including occasional support in Citon’s custom PC manufacturing facility.
A Helpdesk Engineer is an entry level engineering position, requiring good computer and networking knowledge and skills, a strong attention to detail, and a high level of diagnostic and problem solving skills.
Employee evaluation will be conducted after completion of a 90-day probationary period. Future evaluations will be performed on an annual basis, or upon change of job status. Compensation is based upon prior experience and knowledge, performance on the job, growth and learning on the job, and completion of industry certifications.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide phone support to Citon customers, including remote desktop and server support.
- Monitor and perform routine server health checks for maintenance customers.
- Monitor service alerts from monitoring and management software, identify and resolves issues related to those alerts.
- Review, follow-up on and complete assigned activity in ticketing system
- Monitor service board and ensure that tickets are worked within the customers’ Service Level Agreement and promised time line.
- Track the progress on work performed to ensure that open service tickets continue moving forward to completion.
- Escalate repeated or unresolved service tickets to the Service/Engineering Manager.
Skills, Knowledge, Education
- Strong written and excellent verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with customers.
- Attention to detail is imperative. Must be able to sort through data to determine appropriate conclusions, and ensure that every step of a task is completed.
- Must be able to follow direction and ask questions where specific steps have not been given. However, ability to grow and become more self-reliant is important.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to balance quantity of work with quality of work is important.
- Reliability in completion of tasks is imperative.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and provide own method of transportation to customer sites.
- Must adhere to Citon professional dress code
- Must show a willingness to take on new tasks, learn new skills and assist other engineers.
- Ability to follow though until issues are confirmed resolved is imperative
- Must show a willingness to assist other engineers
- Ability to provide thorough and timely documentation is essential
- Must maintain professional attitude and demeanor in verbal and written communication with customers.
- Must understand workstation, server, security, wireless, network infrastructure, etc System and topologies that Citon sells and services.
- General knowledge of the Networking Service industry and products.
- Minimum of 1 year computer /networking experience.
- High School education or GED. Post secondary education a plus.
- Should possess at least one pertinent vendor certification.
- Continued vendor training and certification specific to position will be required.
Other duties as required. Job description is subject to change based on customer and company’s changing needs.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org