Citon’s Graphic Design Intern will coordinate graphic design efforts for Citon working directly with the Sales Manager, Director of Business Development & CEO. An understanding of the importance of visual storytelling and design narrative will play a role in the creation of print materials, web development (WordPress) and landing pages for website. As we are part of an ever-changing, always evolving industry, a strong awareness of trends within the design community and the ability to incorporate them into our needs is essential. This is a great opportunity for an exceptionally talented graphic design student to gain hands on experience and get career-propelling experience and develop a diverse portfolio working for Citon.
- Well balanced design portfolio containing graphic design, web design , branding, infographic, storytelling & print
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Constant Contact
- Ability to design and update internal marketing material – including client presentations, newsletters, blog posts, and company collateral
- A passion for design and strong desire to learn and grow as a designer
- Strong eye for layout, typography, and current design trends.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Attention to detail is imperative
- Positive, creative & enthusiastic
Goals and Objectives/Job Description
The intern will work under the supervision of Citon’s marketing & sales team (led by Jon Heyesen, Director of Business Development) on the following tasks:
The following outline the goals & job description for the internship:
- Help develop and design web pages from concept to completion & further develop Citon website (WordPress)
- Collaboration and creation on print material for sales team
- Provide value to Citon by augmenting its existing marketing strategy
- Will work across a wide range of projects to provide design solution
- This is a paid internship with an hourly wage
- Time will be tracked using Citon’s CRM system and the intern will submit regular time sheets
- The intern is expected to adhere to Citon dress code and general code of conduct and will be provided with the standard Citon employee handbook
- Due to the variety and nature of customers Citon serves, the intern will be under the same non-disclosure and non-compete restrictions as full time Citon employees
Salary: Hourly pay of $13 an hour subject to deductions for taxes and other withholdings as required by law or the policies of the company. Pay days are scheduled on the fifteenth and last day of each month. If the fifteenth or the last day of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, that pay day will then be a day earlier to scheduled pay day.
Method of Evaluation
Citon will provide an evaluation at the end of the internship.