Reports To: Manger of Projects and Employee Development
Job Status: Full Time, Salary
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
After Hours as needed
The Service Manager is a management level position responsible for communication, work flow, customer service and service profitability within the engineering department, and with other departments and customers. All incoming work requests from customers, sales staff, engineers, and other Citon staff are received, scheduled and followed up on by the Service Manager. The Service Manager is responsible for each service ticket in it’s entirety until it is completed and fully processed. The Service Manager is also responsible for ensuring the full utilization of billable engineers, maximizing service department profitability. The Service manager is ultimately responsible for the satisfaction of Citon’s customers. This is a high profile management position requiring excellent organization, follow-up and customer service skills.
- The Service Manager has a direct impact on the profitability of the engineering department by:
- Ensuring the most appropriate engineer is working the ticket/project. This ensures that work will be efficiently and effectively completed, limiting the amount of labor that is discounted or credited.
- Ensuring that billable resources are managed in the most effective way – eliminating multiple trips, performing work remotely when possible and ensuring consistency by avoiding multiple engineers on a single ticket.
- Ensuring engineers have a fully booked day each day, maximizing billable time.
- Ensuring that Citon is profitable on flat fee service tickets.
- The Service Manager has a direct impact on the quality of the customer experience by:
- Ensuring requests for service are addressed quickly, handled by Citon’s helpdesk if possible.
- Managing each day’s tickets to confirm completion, or immediate continuation resulting in a quick resolution.
- Managing a Citon quality control follow-up and improvement program w/appropriate staff.
- Manage 3rd party vendors to ensure rapid response to customer issues and engineer needs.
- Ensuring customers are updated on a daily basis on ticket status, next steps and resolution.
- Identifying and escalating stalled tickets quickly so resolution can be identified and implemented.
- Work with Sales Reps on the management and support of Citon’s Managed Service customers, including report generation, review and recommendations presented with sales rep at customer quarterly meeting.
- Performing initial troubleshooting and diagnostics to provide a quick resolution or diagnosis when time permits.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Answer incoming calls from internal and external customers. All voicemails received by 4:00 pm should be responded to same day.
- Answer incoming email requests from internal and external customers. All emails received by 4:00 pm should be responded to same day.
- Review, follow-up on and complete assigned activities in ticketing system.
- Prioritize incoming work requests
- Create service tickets in our Service Ticketing System and assign to engineers. Ability to provide thorough description of work to be performed is crucial and identify the most appropriate engineer for the work is important.
- Provide rate information to customers when scheduling; informing of expedite fees when applicable.
- Manage engineers’ daily schedules; ensure engineers are on-time to appointments and make alternate arrangements with customers when schedule conflicts arise.
- Maximize billable engineering time by ensuring that engineers’ calendars are full.
- Track the progress on work performed to ensure that open service tickets continue moving forward to completion; escalate to Manager of Technical Services, Project Manager and/or Director of Operations is ticket is stalled or taking too long.
- Review open service tickets daily and ensure that any service work scheduled for the day is either completed, or next step is scheduled.
- Coordinate meetings between engineers and: salespeople, customers and vendors.
- Be available as a backup for administrative functions.
- Prepare weekly “Traffic Report” and present at weekly management meeting
- Prepare weekly “Engineer Time and Billing” report and present at weekly management meeting
- Attend weekly management meeting
- Schedule and attend bi-weekly engineering meeting
- Make follow-up quality control calls to customers
- Receive research and resolve customer inquiries or complaints related to service.
- Identify and review service trends with Manager of Technical Services to identify areas of concern, additional training needed, and routine problematic areas.
- Review each service ticket on the Engineering, Telcologix, Vilarri, HelpDesk and Internal system boards for accuracy, correct work type and role, correct billing parameters, completeness and appropriate documentation, then close ticket for billing.
- Prepare monthly time and billing report and dashboard.
- Attend quarterly all-staff meeting
- Coordinate and assist with projects with Sales Staff, Engineers, Purchasing Manager, Manager of Technical Services and Director of Operations.
- Coordinate training and testing schedules for engineers.
- Provide input to Engineering Manager during engineer annual reviews.
There are several areas of improvement / enhancements that are needed in the service management area:
- Develop and implement an escalation process to identify when a service ticket should be escalated to the Manager of Technical Services, including:
- Identification of criteria for escalation
- Methodology / system for escalation
- Development of reporting tools to manage success
- Develop and implement a customer service program for Citon, including:
- Regular customer service training for Citon staff
- A qualify control follow-up program to obtain feedback on the quality of the products and services Citon provides utilizing in-person calls, follow-up emails, ConnectWise surveys, and sales rep visits.
Other Miscellaneous duties as required.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org