Reports To: Engineering Manager
Hours: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
Job Status: Full Time, Salary
Occasional After Hours Required
Travel with Occasional overnight stay required
On-Call Engineer Rotation
A Server/Network Engineer’s primary duties are:
1) The application of systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software and system functional specifications;
2) The design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications;
3) The design, documentation, testing, installation and configuration of computer program systems related to machine operating systems such as VMWare and Microsoft Server operating Systems. Linux is also preferred but not required;
Additional duties include installation and maintenance of Citon customer networks, servers, computers, and other infrastructure as well as liaising with customers’ other technology vendors. Server/Network Engineers design, install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all equipment and systems supported by Citon.
Daily documentation and reporting of labor time, customer information, and services provided are a daily requirement and crucial to the services provided by Citon. All communication, scheduling, and follow-up with customers is coordinated through Citon’s Service Coordinator.
Server/Network Engineers will perform duties on both customer and Citon internal systems.
A Server/Network Engineer is an advanced level engineering position, requiring extensive computer and networking skills, a strong attention to detail, and high level diagnostic and problems solving skills.
Employee evaluation will be conducted after completion of a 90-day probationary period. Future evaluations will be performed on an annual basis, or upon change of job status. Compensation is based upon prior experience and knowledge, performance on the job, growth and learning on the job, and completion of industry certifications.
Other Miscellaneous duties as required.
Skills, Knowledge, Education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with customers.
- Attention to detail is imperative. Must be able to sort through data to determine appropriate conclusions, and ensure that every step of a task is completed.
- Must be able to follow direction and ask questions where specific steps have not been given. However, ability to grow and become more self-reliant is important.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to balance quantity of work with quality of work is important.
- Reliability in completion of tasks is imperative.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must adhere to Citon professional dress code
- All Engineers are required to carry a cell phone at all times (reimbursed expense)
- Must show a willingness to take on new tasks and learn new skills
- Must show a willingness to assist other engineers
- Ability to follow though until issues are confirmed resolved is imperative
- Ability to provide thorough and timely documentation is essential
- Must understand server, security, wireless, network infrastructure, etc systems and topologies that Citon sells and services.
- General knowledge of the Networking Service industry and products.
- Knowledge and experience with a minimum of 2 industry standard operating systems.
- Knowledge and use of VMWare is preferred.
- Knowledge and use of Microsoft Server Operating Systems is preferred.
- Knowledge and use of Citrix products is a plus.
- Minimum of 2 years networking experience.
- Knowledge of programming languages a plus (dependant on position)
- High School education or GED. Post secondary education a plus.
- Should possess at least one pertinent vendor certification.
- Continued vendor training and certification specific to position.
Our competitive compensation package includes: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability insurance, Simple IRA retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account, an HRA, and a generous allotment of PTO.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org