Reports To: Manager of Projects and Employee Development
Hours: 45 hours per week
Job Status: Full Time, Salary
After Hours as Required
A Project Manager is responsible for internal and customer Project Management and Coordination. The Project Manager holds overall responsibility and authority over the planning, scheduling, communication, documentation and budget. Organizational skills, documentation, and excellent customer service skills are key requirements of the position for interaction with sales, engineering, customers, and third party organizations. The Project Manager is responsible for each project in its entirety until it is completed and fully processed.
Specific Responsibilities and Duties
- Meet with internal NetTel, NetGuard, TLX, and Citon, staff to create work plans and timelines for upcoming projects.
- Prepare project plans, timelines and budgets for customer and internal projects.
- Create and schedule work for NetTel and NetGuard jobs.
- Communicate project plans, timelines and budgets with NetTel and Netguard internal project team and customer.
- Serve as central point of contact for all parties during entire project implementation.
- Manage change order process through entire project.
- Provide daily follow‐up on tasks and tickets assigned to project team, and confirm dates and assignments with third party organizations.
- Verify equipment, software and licensing arrival and location.
- Track the progress on work performed to ensure that open service tickets continue moving forward to completion.
- Monitor project budget and alert project team if overages are anticipated.
- Review completed project tickets checking for completeness and accuracy; then mark as closed.
- Complete project completion closure process, include review of individual time entries and closure of project in CRM package, generation of service invoices, verification of configuration record entry, and creation of project closure packets.
- Coordinate meetings between engineers and: salespeople, customers and vendors.
- Meet with Citon, and NetTel Project Managers and Director of Operations to review projects, work flow, enhancements to process, etc.
- Attend weekly Project Management Meeting
- Provide pre‐sales support to sales team to help define and set scope of work and define budget and timeline for proposed projects.
Skills, Knowledge, Education
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner with customers, co‐workers and managers.
- Attention to detail is imperative. Must be able to enter and review documentation to verify as complete and accurate.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to balance quantity of work with quality of work is important.
- Strong organization skills and ability to multi‐task is required.
- Reliability in completion of tasks is imperative.
- Must be self‐motivating, able to work independently.
- Courteous and polite phone manner, ability to be professional while working with customers, vendors and co‐workers while following existing policies and procedures.
- Ability to cope with interruptions, changes and unrelated details while maintaining appropriate priority of projects and tasks.
- Must have basic familiarity with computer hardware and software: MS Word, Excel, and
- Outlook, general computer understanding.
- Must be able to read and comprehend blueprints, and electrical schedules.
- Any computer networking or telecommunications knowledge a plus.
- High School education or GED. Post‐secondary education a plus.
- Prior Project management, or Cable Technician education or experience is preferred.
Our competitive compensation package includes: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability insurance, Simple IRA retirement plan, Flexible Spending Account, an HRA, and a generous allotment of PTO.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com